Looking for a new way to use Midori? This Midori Cocktail is the pinnacle of Midori mixology. It’s vibrantly green, fresh, balanced and nuanced. All the adjectives. This cocktail is unlike anything you’ve had before and it’s worth seeking out the ingredients.
What is Midori?
Midori is a vibrant green-hued liqueur with a sweet and melon-like flavor. It was first introduced in 1964 in Japan by the Suntory company. The distinct color and taste of Midori come from a blend of melon and other fruit flavors, making it a popular choice in cocktails like the famous Midori Sour, as well as in mixed drinks and creative dessert recipes.
Ingredients in Midori Cocktail
- Fresh lime juice
- Velvet Falernum — Velvet Falernum is a sweet and spiced liqueur, originally from Barbados, known for its almond, ginger, and clove flavors used to enhance cocktails. It can be hard to find, so call around to local liquor stores to check if they carry it before stopping by.
How to Make Midori Cocktail
Step 1: add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Step 2: shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled.
Step 3: strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish with a lime wheel and serve immediately.
More Green Cocktail Recipes to Try
This Limoncello Gin Basil Smash is refreshing, easy and stunning!
Try something spicy and smoky with this Spicy Mezcal Margarita.
Love a bloody mary? Try our Tomatillo Green Bloody Mary!
Midori Cocktail Recipe
- 1½ ounces mezcal
- ¾ ounce Midori
- ¾ ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce Velvet Falernum
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt + more for rimming glass
- Rim a rocks glass with salt; fill with ice.
- Add all of the ingredient to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Secure lid and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled.
- Strain cocktail into prepared rocks glass, garnish with a lime wheel and serve immediately.